Veterinary Surgical Care
At First Coast Vets along with low cost spay/neuter, we perform various soft tissue
surgical procedures on dogs and cats at our state-of-the-art veterinary surgical
suite. Our experienced team of veterinarians are highly trained in performing
routine soft tissue veterinary surgeries.
We properly communicate and educate the clients before pets undergo surgery to
assure that their beloved furry companions are in good hands. During the surgery,
while under general anesthesia, we monitor vitals and also use all modern monitoring
tools to check the heart rate, blood pressure, ECG and oxygen saturation. Our
experienced and compassionate veterinary technician team helps to recover your pet
after going through surgical procedure. We provide best post operative pain
management for faster recovery. Our team is committed to communicate and give proper
take home instructions so that your pet will be healed faster.
First Coast area dog and cat owners seeking for any elective and emergency
veterinary surgical procedures please call us at 904-663-0500 or schedule your
List of commonly done soft tissue veterinary surgical procedures at First Coast
Affordable Animal Hospital:
- Routine skin tags, skin papillomas, lipoma / fatty tissue tumor removal,
mast cell tumor removal and various other kinds of lumps and tumor removals
- Abdominal Exploratory procedure to do gastrotomy, enterotomy, intestinal
resection and anastomosis for GI obstruction or GI foreign body removal
- Cystotomy procedure for dogs and cats to remove urinary bladder stones
- Aural or ear hematoma surgery. Accumulation of blood in the ear pinna is
called ear hematoma. This condition is very painful and if untreated it can
lead to cauliflower like growths on ear pinna which leads to chronic and
hard to treat ear infections.
- Emergency Pyometra surgery. Intact female dogs and cats who may develop
infection in the uterus. This accumulation of pus (purulent material) in the
uterine horns is called pyometra. This condition is a veterinary emergency
and it needs to be addressed as soon as possible to save your pets life.
Jacksonville area pet owners who need low cost affordable pyometra surgery
for their dogs and cats call us or walk-in for same day surgical treatment
- Hernia repairs. Common hernias such as umbilical hernia repair, inguinal
hernia repair procedures are done here at our facility at affordable cost.
- Mammary tumors are commonly seen tumors in intact older female dogs and
cats. Sometimes these tumors can be malignant or cancerous. Removal of these
tumors by doing mastectomy and sending the tumor for biopsy will aid in the
prognosis and treatment of these mammary tumors. Our team of experienced
veterinarians are skilled to perform surgical procedures to remove these
- Gingival Epuli or Epulis-like growths on gum tissue are very commonly seen
tumors in Boxer breeds. Our veterinary surgeons will excise these growths
after performing routine dental or teeth cleaning.
- Stenotic Nares (narrowing of the nostrils) is a commonly seen congenital
problem in short faced dog and cat breeds called Brachycephalic breeds. Dog
breeds like English BullDog, Shih-Tzu, Pekingese and cat breeds like
Himalayan and Persian breeds are prone for this condition. Surgically
repairing this stenotic naris condition will help your pet to breath better
especially in Florida hot humid weather.
- Entropion which is inward rolling of eyelids into the eyes. This entropion
condition can cause lots of eye discomfort and eye infections to your puppy
or kitten. Our veterinary surgical team at First Coast Vets are trained to
perform entropion surgery.
- Cherry eye which is a prolapse of the third eyelid membranous gland. Its
commonly seen in Cocker Spaniel, English Bulldog, Chihuahuas, Pomeranians.
We provide surgical options to treat cherry eye condition in dogs.
- Eyelid margin tumors are also commonly seen tumors in senior dogs. Removal
of these growths helps your pets from eye discomfort and eye infections.
- Cesarean (C-section) is another emergency veterinary surgical procedure we
perform at our First Coast Vets to help the full-term pregnant dogs and cats
who are experiencing difficulty delivering puppies and kittens.